Things I Love
Maybe accidentally designing a sock ♦ I'm going to my first opera on Monday!!! ♦ Still loving Fair Isle Mittens ♦ Sifu's 4 year anniversary party was amazing ♦ Look at these Labyrinth Earrings!!! ♦ Getting to see Silvani last Friday ♦ Delicious truffle burgers ♦ Julie's photo essay has me dreaming of spring ♦ Heart-to-hearts with missed friends ♦ MST3K Birthday Parties ♦ We've almost made it through the first month of 2015! ♦The fact that NASA has taken OVER 100 MILLION photos of the sun:
Patterns I Love
I decided this week that I would like to knit a gentleman friend of mine a scarf. There aren't many men's scarves out there that I really like the aesthetic of, but the ones that I am drawn to I think are absolutely stunning!
Have you knit any of these scarves? Which one would you pick for a gentleman in your life?
Stories I Love
- Old Masters: Some people don't retire. They reign. Man if you want some inspiration, here is the place to go.
- Why People Hate Tess Munster (and other happy fat people) Read. Please read. This is such an excellent analysis of why Body Currency is a harmful ideal.
- Andrew W.K. is a hilarious, happy man. Which is why his advice column is so amazing.
- This interview of Tanis Lavallee contains some excellent advice for those hoping to start their own dying business.
- Chelsea's designer showcases are all amazing, but this interview with Cirilia Rose is divine.
- On Anxiety and Makin Things
- Talk about a beautiful way to use knitting and crafting to reach out to Tasmanian children.