Things I Love
Receiving a bag of magic in the mail from a good friend! ♦ Nicole's shop is back up on Etsy ♦ I thought I broke my wrist but I didn't! ♦ I'm almost done (tomorrow!) with a grant proposal that's been killing me for months ♦ Restaurant week in Chicago was delicious! ♦ $2 draft Tuesdays (they have Anti-Hero on tap!) ♦ Diving right in to knitting my first handspun project ♦ Planning for the Charity KAL is almost ready! ♦ Nic Cage themed valentines:
Roses are red, violets are blue, honey is sweet and so are AUGH NOT THE BEEEEEEES
Patterns I Love
This week, this is all about how excited I've been getting about designing. Don't worry, I still plan on knitting predominantly other people's patterns (there are so many! and they are so beautiful!) but I've been collecting some stitches and textures that catch my eye over on my Stitchsperation board on Pinterest.
Cobblestone Stitch ♦ All of these amazing cables ♦ Russian cables! ♦ This decadent leaf lace scarf from PurlBee ♦ Diagonal Stitch ♦ Pseudo Herringbone ♦ I love this allusion to 3-dimensions! ♦ Cocoon Me Cowl ♦ Suke-Suke Cowl
Stories I Love
- Lion Brand did a hilarious little 2015 Horroscope in yarn!
- I totally thought of my friend Rebecca when I saw this: The Techies who are Hacking Education by Homeschooling their Kids
- So maybe, just maybe, I'm a little obsessed with the Rolling Stones. This letter Keith Richards wrote to his aunt when he was EIGHTEEN is amazing and about Mick Jagger
- Other things I'm a huge nerd about: Lord of the Rings mythology...
- Apparently it's video week. Here, take a ride at the speed of light from the Sun to Jupiter: