Things I Love
Handspun yarn, of course! Finishing my second-ever braid ♦ FatCatKnits.com for sating my fiber desires ♦ Becoming a Craftsy Affiliate! (more on this later) ♦ Nicole released her newest Supporter Scarf and I LOVE IT ♦ Buy yarn and help kitties in need! I may have just dropped too much money on one skein of yarn for each of my current and past kitties... ♦ I discovered horror comic books and I can't stop ♦ also though Bitch Planet is a new comic series and it's amazing ♦ Tanis Fiber Arts just released an amazing new cardigan pattern and kit ♦ breakfast quesadillas!
Patterns I Love
This week it's all about finding something to knit with the handspun I finished last night. It's only the second full braid I have finished, but I got 462 yards out of that sucker and I want to make something with it! Here are some pattern ideas I'm tossing around as possibilities for a beautiful, single skein, handspun project.
Which would you vote for, given the yarn's color and the fact that it's note quite consistent in weight across the whole skein?
Stories I Love
- This is a long read, but absolutely, totally worth the time: The Secret History of Same-Sex Marriage
- I've been thinking about finances lately (says the lady who just dropped too much money on fiber...) and this article about The Man Who Wants You to Spend Like You're Poor was very interesting to me... I ended up adding Mr. Money Mustache to my feed reader.
- I know the season is completely over, but this little jib about how to derail conversations about football is hilarious and is pretty much spot on for my conversations during football games.
- Look at this amazing sink!
- Business Insider published a list of the coolest new businesses in Chicago. Bucket list time, anyone???
- It's Free February at the Field Museum! Guess who has two thumbs and is taking advantage of this on Saturday? It's not Bob Kelso.
- And if you think February in Chicago couldn't get any cooler (ha. ha. it's 5F outside...) it's also Restauarant Week!